Responsible for assisting with overall project management including pre-construction, estimating, subcontractor selection, project scheduling, submittals, shop drawings, and RFI’s.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with all aspects of the project as directed by project manager or EAS.
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the contract documents.
- Establish and maintain good relations with Owner and Architect.
- Responsible for all phases of estimating including pre-bid meetings, vendor selection, issuing Invitation to Bid / drawings to vendors, takeoff, bid tabulation, and bid proposal.
- Assist project manager in subcontractor selection and award of subcontracts.
- Assist project manager with issuing subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Establish and maintain submittal log and keep abreast of items needed.
- Transmit submittal and shop drawing requirements to vendors.
- Review and transmit submittals and shop drawings to Architect for approval.
- Transmit approved submittals and shop drawings to project superintendent.
- Prepare RFI’s and maintain RFI log.
- Assist project manager with project scheduling.
- Attend jobsite meetings.
- Work closely with project superintendent and assist as directed by project manager.
- Assist Estimating team on bidding new projects.